Sunday, November 30, 2008

HOLIDAYS

It's been great spending these Holidays here in Jordan!


First for Halloween we went to the party at the Embassy. We were in charge of decorating a booth (though no one told us until the day before...so we decorated with brown sheets and toilet paper...we are SO crafty!) The kids went to all the booths trick-or-treating. It was fun to see all their cute costumes. Amelia was the cutest Little Monkey. My favorite display was the Candy Land! It was SO cool! And they played the "lollipop, Lollipop oh lolli-lolli-lolli..." song. Thanksgiving was wonderful! We actually had a few Thanksgiving feasts! One of them we hosted a bunch of the Arab attache's and dignitaries. It was cool to explain why we have Thanksgiving. We also had a Thanksgiving Dinner with our Branch after Church on the Friday before Thanksgiving. I am on the Activities committee so it was fun to be a part of the planning. Then on the real Holiday we invited a family of nine and a newly wed couple over from the branch, for a total of 16 people. SUCH good food! I forgot that I really LOVE Cranberry sauce with my Turkey...and i LOVE sweet potatoes!Plus all the goods like Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, plus YUMMY Turkey, Jello, and instead of making a pie I made the YUMMIEST apple crisp...naturally Gluten Free :) Love it! I did however attempt to make some GF bread...it didn't rise. It was hard like play-dough and it tasted like hardened play-dough, cept it wasn't as salty. One day I'll get it right...I hope ;) Plus, I am SO tHaNkFuL!!! The day after Thanksgiving its a Lance tradition to put up the Christmas tree. It's also a Lance tradition that Lane doesn't help decorate the tree...I might've teased him a lot about this, until he broke and gave in. Jared was thrilled to have Lane putting up ornaments (he put up three...which is apparently a vast improvement :) The family room looks SO cozy and Christmassy, I suggested we have Family Scriptures and Prayer in there instead of the Office where we usually have it, AND we sing Carols at the piano every night!I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

please expain what the thing is in the second picture over, second row down! I am confused.
Mom

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

yes getting the tree the day after Thanksgiving is a major Lance tradition, and we got ours here! with your sister! hehe