First of all, a SHOUT OUT to my mom. She stayed with us for 11 days after the baby was born. My mother is a saint. First of all, she is like...my best friend. We have the same sense of humor, and we are both ahem...hilarious. So, spending time together was the BEST! She taught me a lot about this newborn and how to be a good mom, and she took SUCH good care of me! She brought be food and was always shoving water in my face to make sure I would produce enough milk and stay hydrated...it became the big joke, when she left we were both worried about who would fetch me my water?! She cleaned, I mean really cleaned. You know the kind of stuff you know you need to do, but it's hard to get around to it? Like clean the hand grime off the front door, and light switches, she did it. She organized my tupperware drawer! One day I turned around to find her standing on my bed cleaning the fan blades on the ceiling fan. Mom, you're the best. We both SOBBED when she left...and Everett is missing his Grandma Snuggles! THANKS MOM!
hahaha, he was just posing like this, with his shoulder out and his fist under his chin...so debonaire!
Anyway, happy two weeks old little prince!

12 comments:
Who needs a photographer? Looks like you do great without one! Super super cute. And Mom's are the BEST! That sounds awesome.
Uhhhh yeah i was thinking the same thing, why in the world would the mitchell family hire a photographer! You are all so talented at taking pictures, especially with your mom there. Courtenay I am so glad your mom could come for so long! That was so sweet of her for cleaning everything, and taking care of you, and teaching you- and just doing everything- she sounds so wonderful. She was like that with my chemo- there for me when I needed her, bringing over cobbler, and always letting me know she was there if I needed her. AND- your mom is so funny. i loved sitting by her in relief society. OK- courtenay that boy is so beautiful. He is so so so cute, I'm sure your mom was in heaven. He is so cute! i can't wait to meet him. That last picture was incredible- just like all the professional pics you see- looks like a magazine. love it, lvoe you!
oh yeah, and I'm ready for more pictures please :)
these are awesome! probably better!
Dang girl your pics rock...you Mitchells just have great talent in that department. Don't pay somebody, yours are fabulous!
That pic of your mom and Everett is so sweet.
Okay, man, whenever people talk about moms who come and help after a baby is born I cry every time. Moms are angels, plain and simple.
I don't know if I ever told you, but I'm coming to see your baby next weekend. I hope that's okay.
Photographers are amazing! LOL. So sorry she did not show. I feel like jumping in my car right now stuffed with fun props and have the time of my life with the Lance family. That was amazing of your mom to come out and pamper you. I can just see her balancing on a toe to dust your ceiling fan. You are pretty hilarious!!!
So dang cute!! You look AMAZING!! I don't think I've done my hair once since having Lydia, I'm such a lazy bum!
Seriously- no need for a photographer! You did awesome! The pictures are fabulous! I'm so glad your mom was able to some and spend that special time with you. I am hoping to snag a little Courtenay/Everett time myself as soon as you are up for it!Let me know!
Love you,
Laura
Wo, that last shot looks like it's from a magazine! Wow, you have a baby! If I did my hair for a no show I would be SO TICKED.
What a handsome boy! And I love the name...it's so...clean, and gentlemanly, yet modern and sporty...well, in my opinion...you're probably thinking, what?!
Those photos are beautiful! And HURRAH for amazing moms. And Im SO TICKED at the photographer because you took the time to get ready and curl your hair...and that takes a lot of time and energy, something a newborn doesn't allow you to have much of....grrr.
OHHH courtenay- these pictures are melting my heart and soul. Seriously they are so beautiful. You, your mom, and Everett look so stunning. That last one is to die for.
I am so glad your mom took such good care of you and I'm not suprised a bit! She is indeed a saint, I would agree. And You look ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I hope to see you guys this weekend.
love you!
Well I think that the pictures you took are just as cute! Who needs a photographer anyway. You look great and the little one is as cute as ever!
Post a Comment